Thursday, April 28, 2005

Vegetarian Me

I have decided to go back to being a vegetarian, sort of. I was a vegetarian from age 16 to 24. I started eating some meat, mainly fish and chicken, because I began fainting. I had been through two pregnancies and breastfed two babies as a vegetarian and remained healthy. For several reasons, when I was 24 my blood sugar began having "issues," causing me to faint or nearly faint way more often than anyone ever should. Instead of exploring why this was happening, I chose to add meat to my diet. It worked, but I gained weight. I need to lose this weight to feel healthy again. Sure, some of it is vanity, but mainly I need energy and I feel uncomfortable in my skin. So, I'm going 90% vegetarian; well, more like 70% vegan, 20% lacto-ovo vegetarian, and 10% fish eater. This time I'm going to listen to my body. If my body needs salmon, it needs salmon. With cajun seasonings. And olive oil.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always listen to your body :)

April 28, 2005 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your husband is in my office being an ass.

Hence, his punishment is is 2 weeks with no physical contact. Unless you would like him to scrub your feet or something. That's okay. Nothing fun, though.

April 28, 2005 3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some great ideas :) Nevermind. Next time.

December 06, 2005 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby Ticker