Friday, July 22, 2005

For all of you who forget you are not, I repeat, not having a puppy

This is today's Public Service Announcement.

For all of you who are now or plan to become pregnant someday, with the intention of giving birth to a human child, I implore you to please read through this website.

Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing

Having procreated with a man who thought our children were Norse gods at best and playground fodder at worst, I understand the push of a delirious spouse who thinks Thor is a fabulous name. Please, do not succumb to this pressure. In addition, do not listen to your inner voice that says you should name your sweet little precious daughter, Kaylee Madicyn, or your beautiful baby boy, Jasper Rain.

The low of every child's academic career is middle school. If your child is named with two apostrophe's and three y's and her name is pronounced, Sue, she will find out just how many unwrapped tampons fit in her locker. If your child's name sounds just right in Middle Earth, he will eat pea gravel more than once. And don't forget, you are not all of Irish descent. No, you are not.

Remembering that my child will go to middle school with this name is my Anti-Crazy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what I was thinking. Toolio would be something you would call Coolio if you didn't like him. Ex, "I hate that Come Along and Ride on a Fantasy Song by 'TOOLio".

July 24, 2005 12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my favorite was "Sumher."

July 24, 2005 4:19 PM  
Blogger aaron said...

actually anne might remember this one the girl we were told about names Shi'tt'head pronounced shitay. or the lady who could not read the word on the bassinet in the hospital and named her daughter female pronounced femalay
lol hahahahahahahahaha oh and one on my name i saw a guy with Air'on lol

July 28, 2005 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby Ticker