Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Greatest Grandparents in the World

This afternoon I brought my baby cat, Nero, and a few pictures we took of them over to my grandparents' house. I love visiting them, in part because they are so funny. My grandma told me a story about a friend of theirs, Merve, (who is part of the over 70 crowd) who went to a bar and met this woman with "great big titties." The lady (also of the over 70 crowd) asked Merve how many quarters would fit on her "titties" and if he would hold them up while others did the placing of the quarters. Merve happily complied. Grandma doesn't remember how many quarters fit on the womans "great big titties." I asked. But she did demonstrate exactly how Merve held those "titties" by holding up her own breasts. Then, Papa was reminded of another story of a woman with "great bit titties" who weighed them for him. He doesn't remember exactly how much each breast weighed. I asked.

The sweetest part of the visit, aside from my Grandma's sheer joy at playing with Nero, is that Papa and I went down to his farm to pick up sweet corn that he had planted. Papa is a longtime farmer who recently sold the family farm to a home developer. At least the houses they are building on his old land are absolutely gorgeous. He kept a couple of acres and this year he planted sweet corn for friends and family. We drove down to the farm, about a 5 minute drive, and he actually went into the field and started picking corn off the stalks. With lightening speed. In two minutes flat, he popped out of the field smiling with a huge armful of corn. My favorite part? Watching my Papa in the setting sun picking corn...for me. I felt very loved.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them :)

July 12, 2005 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby Ticker