Saturday, August 27, 2005

Out from under a rock, a fat jade rock

Tonight, my exhibition opened. My name was properly on my essay in the catalogue and in the acknowledgments section. My fabulous wall text panels were hung and the labels placed in the vitrines. The opening reception had a great turnout and the space was beautiful. So why am I not flying high tonight?

I think it's a two-pronged issue. First, my parents and their weird, weird partners arrived and although I enjoy dealing with the parents, I can't handle the partners.

Secondly, I just feel so relieved this process is over.

I won't miss the dogfights with the museum curator. She is not a bad person but her ethics are garbage. Again, the ethics maven does not live within me but I can't handle out and out lies to the public. I won't miss doing hours and hours of research only to be trumped by an ebay article waved in front of me. The exhibition did not, in the end, lie to the public but she sure tried.

I am proud of the show. I think I'm more happy that it's pasted on my CV.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. That was perfect! I am at work showing everyone the book :)

August 29, 2005 7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Its so relieving when things like that are there and you are able to enjoy it and the stress is over.

August 29, 2005 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby Ticker