Monday, August 29, 2005

You know you want to see them

My class is still rocking. Oh yeah. Today, I actually had students ask a lot of questions and there was even a discussion! I'm so excited. As a lecture course, I didn't know what to expect. I'm so happy they're engaging with the material.

I started out really stressing the book material but GOD that was boring. I figure they can read the text and I plan on really digging into the slides. I'm hitting the points the in the book but attempting to analyze them better. This is what spawned questions and discussion.

I finally saw less of the frantic notetaking and more interested looking and thinking about the art. I mean, I think notes are important and they were still taking them, but I hated when they were all staring down at their notebooks and trying to suck in everything I said. For a student, that blows. As an instructor and very recent student, I think engaging with the material is what makes it make sense. This time, the class asked great questions about each slide and started blurting out comments. I loved that!

If you remembered that I said "ginormous breasts" when referring to the Venus of Willendorf and either were offended or laughed, then you'll remember that image better on a test. Yes, I said "ginormous breasts" in class. I also said "bulgy vulva."

Now, about the blog's name change. I know I've asked for advice and then just sat on it. I apologize. See, Internet, it's not you. It's me. I know I told you I would change it and I didn't. I'm not happy with any of the previous ideas. I want something that captures me but I, um, don't know what that would be yet. I'll get there.

Also, I found this great website. It's called DeviantART and it's fabulous. In particular, I love the prints.

Lastly, I bought these, and these, exciting over the knee socks from Sock Dreams. They have so many more I need to buy. Pretty soon, all my socks will grace my knees only to show you all my silky, silky thighs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby Ticker