Thursday, September 29, 2005

Spitting in a Wishing Well

As we all know, I'm the part-time job queen. When Mike and I made the decision that I would start college, I never wished for a part time job.

I wished for a good paying job, with the standard 40 hours a week and benefits to boot. I wished for a job in which I could see the shining path of promotion. I wished for a job that gave me a cube, perhaps an office. I thought my happiness would take the form of a traditional job in a good arts organization. I prayed that research was involved, but assumed I would only find an administrative job.

What I got was two part time jobs.

I don't have an office. I don't even have my own computer or my own place to sit. I work the equivalent of three days a week at one job and only 4 hours a week at the other. I will not be promoted. I don't get benefits and there is no hope of receiving benefits. Both jobs are subject to review, and loss, each year.

And truly, I have never been happier.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem so happy :)

September 30, 2005 8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't buy happiness. We all know that.

September 30, 2005 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Despite the oh so fun late 20s depression, I am going to be happy dammit.

September 30, 2005 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby Ticker